Our client was the North American organisation of a leading global professional and technology services provider.
In North America, the business had grown through acquisitions – many of these had only been partially integrated meaning that key sales and delivery processes were not implemented consistently.
The CEO wanted to re-align the business around a key market opportunity – taking advantage of this required a more agile operating model, consistently implemented across the organisation.
What did we do?
- We held an initial CoLab event for the top 150 leaders in the organisation. We used this event to create a backlog of key opportunities to optimise how key processes worked and align them to the overarching model
- We used an agile governance model - working with hub and opportunity sponsors to prioritise and re-prioritise our backlog to identify where we could have the most impact through a design session
- The hub ran for 12 weeks and included 10 design sessions to address the top priorities
- We ran bi-weekly engagement sessions with the CEO and 150 leaders community to update on progress in the working sessions and share announcements of tangible changes from our design work
- The landing page acted as a single portal to all of the work: from the original CoLab through our work with session sponsors / design teams to the sessions themselves and the output designs / announcements that came out of them
What was the impact?
- Designed the next level of detail for how the optimized operating model and key processes will work in practice
- Defined an actionable roadmap to deliver each identified change
- Created, prioritised and addressed our backlog of improvements to resolve pressing pain points and put enablers for optimised processes in place
- Equipped leaders with a visually rich communication toolkit enabling them to speak with one voice in cascading key elements of the change
Leaders aligned to the case for change